• Creator
    Topic
    Denver

Hi Guys

The rapid spread in my community targets the general population..

mother to child transmission had a great uptake.

did you experience this also?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Anne

Hi all:

Has your engagement with health providers affected by roll out of Option B+? For example, has there been concern about your site’s referrals of HIV-infected participants and impact on the public sector? In some countries, there are big issues with procurement and stock outs of course. So I am just wondering out loud about how this policy/systems change has affected your conversations on the ground?

Erica

Hi  Denver and Steve,

In my community the situation is similar to yours, HIV epidemic is high in general population more women are infected than men. Also Mother to child transmission had a greater uptake but now is getting better with presence of  PMTCT -B plus in place

Steve

Hi Denver,

In our communities 90% of transmission is heterosexual with this means that the general population is highly affected. The PMTCT programme has been very successful in ensuring reducing the number of babies born with HIV. Currently our Ministry of Health is emplementing the option B plus which recommends for all HIV positive pregnant mothers to be initiated on ART.

In my community this has decreased because there is more education on PMTCT by the department of health and other stakeholders. There are more activities taking place in the community.

Prudence

The uptake of PMTCT is very high. This has been because the primary health centers were empowered to proved prophylactic service to women who come to ante-natal clinic.

no, in my community mother to child had no great up take. our community health centre did great job and they have started most female on ART’s to prevent mother to child.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘GPP Online Training Forum_Aug 2015’ is closed to new topics and replies.