This learning portal is maintained by CLI, a branch of the San Francisco Department of Public Health’s Population Health Division (PHD).
CLI leads and coordinates professional development activities across PHD to ensure a competent public health workforce. CLI works with city, department, and community partners to create novel training opportunities and develop the public health workforce of tomorrow.
If you are interested in partnering with CLI to develop and/or host trainings on learnsfdph, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
As a branch, we:
- Prioritize and integrate professional development to build staff capacity.
- Inventory employee skills to develop tailored training approaches that will meet individual branch and collective division needs.
- Support a culture of learning and strategic planning through interdisciplinary grand rounds.
- Foster coaching and career mentorship through informal and formal mechanisms.
- Maintain strong linkages with local academic partners (e.g., City College of San Francisco) to inform their public health-focused educational efforts.
- Offer and coordinate technical assistance to external partners in division-wide areas of expertise.
San Francisco Department of Public Health’s Population Health Division (PHD)
At the San Francisco Department of Public Health’s Population Health Division, we strive to implement models for population health that ensure health and health equity for all people in San Francisco.
We draw from both science and community wisdom to develop a dynamic integrated system that works to optimize community health and wellbeing. This process supports the development and implementation of evidence-based policies, practices, and partnerships that protect and promote health, prevent disease and injury, and create sustainable environments and resilient communities.
As a division, we:
- Engage diverse communities in innovative initiatives to promote community health and wellbeing.
- Streamline resources, align programs, and deliver effective and efficient services at client and community levels.
- Act as a learning organization that supports and nurtures innovation, discovery, and professional development.
- Use science-based quality improvement and priority setting to contribute to Public Health Accreditation for SFDPH.
The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect the official policies of the City and County of San Francisco; nor does mention of the San Francisco Department of Public Health imply its endorsement. Any questions, comments, or suggestions pertaining to this site may be directed to email@example.com.
© Copyright 2022, Department of Public Health, City and County of San Francisco.