• Creator
    Topic
    Prudence

Hi Community, My name is Prudence Mbah from Nigeria. I am excited to be here.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Hilda

Hi This is very interesting about the stakeholder responsibilities in our different research sites, this group can influence the community understanding as long as they are involved throughout the trial.  I have leant that educating them about the research to be done and involving them with getting information of what the community say, think and know about research matters.  Without involving them can mean not education the community in whatever you want to research.  Remember that you will work with the same community.

Anja

Hi All!

My name is Anja van der Westhuizen and I work for a non-profit organization called Aeras doing TB Vaccine research.  I’m based in Cape Town and most of our trial sites are in South-Africa.

I’m very excited to learn more about GPP!

Although I’m not involved in HIV prevention research, the principles of GPP is also very relevant to TB prevention research, so I will apply it as such.

Steve

Hi Anja,

Glad to hear from you. I work for an organization called Zambart. It is also involved in an Aeras TB Vaccine study in Zambia. I am not on the study but we are working together around community stakeholder involvement.

Denver

Hi All

i hope you well

Im Denver Jainarain from South Africa 🙂

Pearson

Hi everyone ,

its really exciting to be part of this team , I am looking forward to learning from you guys .lets stay in touch

Anonymous
      Inactive

It is so great to finally match names and faces!  I know orientation can be a little bumpy as we work out communication and onboarding issues. Anne and I appreciate everyone’s patience and perseverance!

Module 1 is where things get really exciting! I’m looking forward to kicking off dialogue and discussions.

Best,

Jessica

Udom

Hi Everyone,

My apology for joining the forum late. I was away for a few days after the introduction call last Tuesday. My name is Udom Likhitwonnawut from Chiang Mai, Thailand. I have been working  with Stacey Hannah  for a few years on GPP-related project in Thailand. My work included GPP training for community groups and members of HIV-related NGOs in the country. I am a CAB member of a research institute here in Chiang Mai. I also had have many opportunities to meet and learn from other CAB members from other countries. I hope that my experience as a CAB member and in GPP training can be useful for the group.

Udom

Nombuyiselo

Hi everyone!

Thank you to AVAC for giving me this opportunity to gain practical knowledge and experience I need to become  successful with community engagement in my site, and I am looking forward  to become part of this exciting family .

Nombuyiselo

Steve

Hi everyone my name is Steve Belemu from Lusaka, Zambia. Its great to be  here

Barbara

Hi lovely people, words can not express how i feel, but let me try, am so excited to be part of this learning group, am Barbara from Makerere University Johns Hopkins Research Collaboration in Uganda, this is a great opportunity for me and the research team here.

Regard, Barbara

Alicia

Hi everyone!

I’m am very excited to be a part of this course and look forward to engaging with you all in the discussion forums moving forward!

I worked with Stacey Hannah to adapt a version of GPP for TB trials as part of my work on the Critical Path to TB Drug Regimens initiative. I am looking forward to taking a deeper dive into learning more about implementing GPP and incorporating GPP as a way of thought into other areas of my work outside of the research setting.

Best, Alicia

Hi Folks,

Feels great to be part of this big family. Will be uploading my pic next week–going for a photo shoot on weekend (lol). Looking forward to greater participation from my mates.

Anne

Hi everyone. Just a brief technical note..

Please take a moment to make sure your settings allow the following address to go directly to your email Inbox:

SFDPH Center for Learning and Innovation <admin@learnsfdph.org>

You can add this address to your Contacts or create a special filter in Gmail! If you need help, do not hesitate to ask us!!

Stacey

Hi everyone! Do you know how to update your profile and add a picture? We’d love to see your faces. If you don’t know–send us a note, or just reply here, and we can help.

Very excited to meet those of you I don’t already know, and to make those that I do know work really hard!

Best, Stacey

Terfa Simon

Hi Everyone,

I am Terfa Kene from clinical research centre Abuja Nigeria.  I am currently on holiday but will create time to be active here.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Everyone,

So I am not as technical as Anne but will be your other facilitator! I’m really looking forward to getting to know everyone in the course.  I’m a program coordinator at AVAC and used to work as a member of the Bioethics team at the Division of AIDS. I love Harlem, where AVAC is located, for the culture and great food.

Have a wonderful day everyone!  Looking forward to learning about all of you!

Anne

C’mon everyone –let’s get warmed up and start to post! Say hi and introduce yourself or share any thoughts you might have!

I will also be stretching my boundaries with the forum and attempting a video intro of myself this weekend.  I reside on a farm outside of Cape Town, so it could be an interesting background or just plain noisy with all of the furry stakeholders in my midst. Fingers crossed!!

Also, please note that you can click on a box in left hand corner of your screen to automatically receive email notifications of forum posts (or leave it unclicked to not receive notification and just check the forum regularly).
      And if you experience any technical challenges with posting, I can help you on the back end. Just send me a message through the LMS.

Have a great day!

Neetha Morar

Many thanks for the session yesterday. Great group of mates to learn from and share lessons.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi everyone!  Great to have folks on the webinar today! If you weren’t on, don’t worry! Anne and I will be available for questions all week.

Anne

Hi there— wow! Look at you! On the forum and ready to go! Now upload those photos so we see your smiles!

Emmanuel

Hi Colleagues my name is Emmanuel Mthalane from South Africa. I am honered to part of this GPP reinforcement family and excited for the journey set ahead.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘GPP Online Training Forum_Aug 2015’ is closed to new topics and replies.