These educational modules are designed to provide basic information about tuberculosis (TB) in a self-study format for new TB Disease Intervention Specialists. After completion of this module, the staff will be able to:
- Describe the factors that determine the infectiousness of a TB patient.
- Describe the main goals of a TB infection-control program.
- Describe the three levels of control measures that are the basis of an effective infection-control program.
- Describe the purpose and the characteristics of a TB airborne infection isolation room.
- Describe the circumstances when personal respirators should be used.
- Please review the PowerPoint presentation “Infectiousness and Infection Control.” You can find the PowerPoint embedded on the course homepage (see below).
- Complete the quiz with a passing grade of 70% or higher.
Deadline: The course should be completed within the first 6 months of employment.