Transmission and Pathogenesis of Tuberculosis
This educational module is designed to provide basic information about tuberculosis (TB) in a self-study format for new TB Disease Intervention Specialists. After completion of this module, the staff will:
• Identify ways in which tuberculosis (TB) is spread;
• Describe the pathogenesis of TB;
• Identify conditions that increase the risk of TB infection progressing to TB disease;
• Define drug resistance; and
• Describe the TB classification system.
Please review the PowerPoint presentation “Transmission and Pathogenesis of Tuberculosis” and take the exam. Staff must complete both tasks within 6 months of working as a disease investigator.