• Creator
    Topic
    Anne

Hi everyone, This is a mandatory webinar! We are substituting the weekly forum question with this video.. if you did not participate –and we know who did :)– please stream the webinar here and tell us your 1-2 key take away’s.

View the video

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Kelvin

Also found the webinar useful. Also good to sometimes just to focus on the basics…

Carué

Anne’s webinar was very helpful in balancing the importance of traditional media when compared with social media. Due to budget constraints, we tend to focus in “do it yourself” social media, hence it was good to hear thought on planning, building relationships with and understanding the role of media representatives, and writing press releases, what will make certainly easier for us doing this job as amateurs.

JORGE

We work with different strategies and mechanisms to identify key stakeholders:
      – CABs: we have organized some community advisory groups to identify those strategies to approach the rights stakeholders
      – Informative meetings
      – We brainstorm formal and informally with different stakeholders that we already have from other projects and research
      – We review other researches, societies’ guidelines, standards and recommendations…
      – We also try to think out of the book including other stakeholders not so common on this field, but collaborating to help in the research’s development
      And we map them and plan our long-term relationship.
      The assessment of each stakeholder’s importance to the project use to be based on ratings from the project team members of the stakeholder’s perceived power, proximity and urgency. We use different tools for the mapping managing.

As Anne was telling us during the webminar media involvement is crucial for these trials, not only to informa about the trial existence but also about specific information related an issue, not still available in the country as PrEP. We use some social media information resources and also we are involving other community media resources (mostly online) to disseminate information but also how things are going with these trials. But in this cases, the situation is a little bit weird because the community involvement is getting lower and sadly this is not an important issue for the most part of the other stakeholders and media.

Carué

It is really hard to get attention to the subject HIV among media or among LGBT community stakeholders. Here in São Paulo, PrEP is also mostly unknown, since it is not still available, what doubles our communication challenge.

Dana

I think the webinar with Anne Rancourt was very useful because it reiterated the importance of reaching out to local media sources and incorporating them within the communication plan to allow for a respectful and transparent relationship where the research team will provide updates to the media to keep them informed. Also it highlighted the importance of social media around the trail to provide a forum for discussion and a way to dispel rumors and concerns within the community around a trial.

Alicia

I was able to attend the webinar and thought it was pretty good. Anne just confirmed for me how social media can be a good tool to use for your trial, but also how you need to ensure you are monitoring it carefully as it is also a place where people will share their opinion and sometimes may be inappropriate. It is also important to ensure you are definitely aware of the population you want to target to participate in your study and the best way to attract their attention. I liked the example about posting in the correct magazine to attract the correct person (MSM vs. homemaker).

Smitty

Hi, I am also looking for appropriate link so I can watch this. Thank you.

Cale

This link does not appear to be functional. Also – is this meant to be the Week 6 question?

Cale

Thanks for fixing the link! My major takeaways from the webinar: cultivating your relationships with media contacts by giving more than taking (ex. giving positive feedback about their articles, connecting them with contacts in other fields, etc.). Another takeaway was to make sure to stay up on all the media and news that’s coming out about your topic area. That can be difficult, but it can be hard to know where your story or field stands in the media landscape unless you keep up and read everything.

Alicia

For news that affects HIV specifically is there a particular media/news group or source you like to follow?

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘GPP Discussion Forum_Jan 2017’ is closed to new topics and replies.