• Creator
    Topic
    Amy Lee
    Keymaster

Please post your questions and comments for the speakers here.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Ingrid

This webinar was incredibly eye opening- the most impactful part for me was hearing Keica, the self-advocate and community liaison at the UCLA UCEDD, speak about the PTSD she experienced with unpleasant dental care, and how she is able to receive dental treatment now (through nitrous oxide). I’m grateful to have heard from a first-person’s view the barriers which prevent those with developmental disabilities from obtaining dental care, as it compels me to push for change in reducing these barriers.

Medical-dental integration is essential and can be very helpful in treating special needs populations because it allows more efficient communication and understanding between medical and dental providers. From this webinar, I now know the following ways to advocate for medical-dental integration: to contact my local AAP chapter, to contact the UCSF Medical School and invite pediatric residents to shadow the dental clinics, and lastly to contact the local hospital and coordinate grand rounds on pediatric oral health.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.