• Creator
    Topic
    Isaac

Hello Colleagues,

I feel I need to learn more when it comes to M&E approaches.

In my context I am used with Focus Group Discussions, Meetings, Interviews and Invitation Cards. These are the 4 tools/strategies I am used to although an invitation card is a newly designed one and I feel it is doing a great job for me in terms of community mobilisation/sensitization.

I may share more on how exactly I use these 4 approaches, however I will really appreciate to learn what approaches do you use in your context and if that is really working out for you.

Thank you

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Isaac

Hello Bamidele my man,

I like your detailed contributions too. Thank you for the contributions. This is educative

Thank you

Isaac

Bamidele

Isaac,
      One of the oversight functions of our IRB here is to use their M & E matrix to monitor the research protocols they have approved. Their feedback often gives us additional information to use to improve retention of our trial participants. Above all we use reminder strategies via town crier, community health volunteers, Bales and SMS messages for those who have mobile phones to monitor and schedule FGD activities during evaluation.

Isaac

Hello Bernice,

Thank you for the details. That sounds great.

Thank you

Isaac

Thank you Bernice, that sounds great.

Bernice

Hello Isaac,
      Visitation works very well if u show transparency because it builds trust and you get to know the opinions of others concerning the trial.

Facebook and Whatsapp also produce good results if you are working with the Youths. You safe time , money, and energy. You can also reach out to a wide range of stakeholders ,but it has to be properly managed and screened.
      Cheers

Isaac

Thank you james. That is great to know..

James

Well for my context developing questionnaires/surveys, monthly FGDs and quarterly de-briefing meeetings and interphase with community stakeholders too is one mechanism I buy into.

Isaac

Thank you Mahesh, i think that is a point too, Anthonia, i like the questionnaire arrangements although the design matters

Anthonia

In addition to that we use home visits and questionnaire and we see positive results from using all the tools / strategy.

I think visitation will properly work than social media because it remove doubt, and face to face communication will be happen.

Bernice

In addition to that, we also use social media and visitation. It works well for us here.
      Cheers.

Isaac

Thank you Bernice for the addition. However, may you please help me understand how exactly does visitation work? and media is wide, which mode do you use?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 1 month ago by Isaac.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘GPP Online Course Forum_March 2016’ is closed to new topics and replies.