• Creator
    Topic
    Erikan
    We are excited to get some feedback from you! Please reflect on the following questions and feel free to tell us what you think.
    1) What aspects of the modules, work assignments, and discussion forums did you like the most?
    2) What aspects of the modules, work assignments, and discussion forums can be improved? What are your ideas on how you’d like to see these improvements, including text, narration, questions, activities, case studies, etc.?
    Over the next several months, we will be in the process of improving the content for the next course offering and so this feedback right now is incredibly valuable. Thank you for being pioneers in our new online GPP Training!
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies

Can the management team of course think of changing the time for which the course is scheduled in the year so that it doesn’t get to Dec. of any calender year. My argument is based on the fact that Dec. is quite a busy month for almost all programs. Probably that is why our team was not able to finish within the stipulated period of time.

Food for thought.

Jauhara

Cathy Slack

Dear all, I thought the course allows the GPP booklet to be ‘tamed’ somewhat and one has a better understanding of the overall structure and content of the booklet. I also thought the course creates a safe environment for people to reflect on their own engagement practices, so these can be strengthened.  Course participants get exposure to engagement across various prevention modalities, which expands one’s learning.

For knowledge check – it may be easier to say ‘More than 1 answer mat be correct but choose the best answer’.

Also, if a course participant get an answer wrong, indicate which one is wrong so the participant doesnt have to re-enter all the anwers again.

Congratulations to the entire team for their meticulous planning and rollout of the course and for creating an enviroment for participation on the issues.

Pongpun

Dear GPP working staff,

Thank you for your team that hard work and done excellent job. For me, I like the visual and method to explain in each module. The practice is excellent but it hard to understand some questions for me.  I need to use more time for understanding about questions in each module. I think that is my problem about language in English. However, thank you for you all that improve my experience about GPP. I hope that I will use this practice for create GPP plan in next project.

Cheers,

Pongpun

John Mdluli

Hi, Erikan

Module design was excellent.  I was also fascinated by its interactive nature, it was well organised and exciting to follow. What I found very interesting was link between the module content, GPP guidelines and the operationalization of these guidelines into the GPP blue print. Work assignment were excellent because they allowed us to extend our thinking beyond the guidelines itself. I must also confess that the comments from the marked work assignments were excellent. In-terms of the discussion forums they have allowed us to keep contact with our fellow colleagues and establish networks with people common interest  to us.

Aspects of the program that need to be improved:

• I feel that the time allocated to this course was not enough and I therefore would like to suggest that we increase the course duration  to at least 6 months with each module given 2 weeks.
      • We have submitted work assignment and we were given feedback which was good to read and follow. My feeling is that these feedback were not quantifiable enough for me to know where I need to improve. What I mean here is that it would have been good if we could be allocate a percentage to each assignment and work on the average percentage to determine the final mark.
      • Since this is a web-based portal, can I suggest that we improve on internet connectivity. I agree with Jauhara, it was a mission to upload some of the assignments

Regards

John

The modules were very well done, thank you team for the good job well done!

This was developed in a way that the trainee is exposed to the GPP book, for me who had read the book very well, realized that the course give the opportunity to interact with the whole book.

The lay out, visual aids, case scenarios, and examples were matching the topics and the content very well.

Lesson ten instructions about the components of the research to roll out process are some how confusing.

The knowledge check bit was very well done, it summarized the module content very well.

Uploading was okay in the beginning, when we got at module 6,7, 8 it was somehow disturbing, and ended up sending it as email attachment.

Hi Erikan,

Just like my two colleagues up there have shared, I found this online course set-up very well organised and exciting, as I said at the HIV R4Prevention conference. I so loved the modules’ powerpoint set up and narration, the visuals… case studies and short activities were awesome too.

I found the knowledge checks to be well balanced and I often easily responded. yeah there were times when I failed two questions and had to revisit the content, like once I decided to go all the way from the begining of the entire module narration before coming back on the knowledge check. I did this because I kind of disputed the alternative answer you provided to the two questions. fortunately I can not recall which module it was!!! But I think I eventually bought in your version. lol.

Scenarios were very well designed to match the topics and its contents. I enjoyed.

The interaction I saw through the discussion forum was great too. I got to learn a lot from experiences shared by colleagues in other parts of the world and I shared my own this side. the discussion forum in my opinion made this online course even more alive and brought a very important component to its learning purpose.  

Work assignments!!! I first struggled to upload my very first and second work assignments and I thought everyone else did too. so I thought if it’s a general challenge for everyone then the administrators will just take this “work assignment thing” away!!! well it was a way of provoking us I think, and I lead to me going back all the time to RC colleagues to check how much I have done in terms of educating them on GPP related work and how much they know on what is going on with regards to GPP!  I can’t wait to finish all my asignments.

All in all thanks a  lot guys for putting this course together. your contents, visuals, narration and other used strategies just worked very well! I hope the next generation or intake will benefit a lot building on our first experience.

Erikan

Thanks so much for your feedback Rona and Laura! To everyone, what has your experience been like with Knowledge Checks? If you missed a question did you ever go back to the corresponding screen to brush up on content? Were there some questions that were challenging or confusing? As for the practice activities, where they helpful? Any scenarios or questions that were challenging, hard to navigate, or confusing?

Thanks all!

Rona

I  thought the modules were very well designed. I liked the varied, real world examples and the interactive nature of them as well. They were really very well done. I also enjoyed the discussion forum and liked hearing about what others have experienced and how they deal with specific situations.  I thought have questions to prompt the discussion and course instructors chime in with additional questions and thoughts really helped to keep the discussion moving along and meaningful.  Since I’m not at a research site or research network, the work assignments were somewhat challenging for me and I approached them differently each time. I’m not sure how I would modify them for folks who are not at a site, but am certainly willing to brainstorm with you on the possibilities.

Thanks for putting this together and for the thought you put into reviewing each and every assignment and post.   I found the review comments very helpful.

Laura Potter

I loved the interactive nature and design of the modules, and I especially enjoyed discussion forum conversations with all of you because they made this online course far more engaging than others I have experienced in the past. I’ve learned so much and gained additional perspectives on all the issues we discussed from all of you!

I think the work assignments could be improved if we were given the chance to give peer review/feedback on them, just like we were able to interact in the discussion forum! Of course, I would like feedback from the course instructors, as well, but the comments from other classmates would also be really beneficial, I think.

Thanks to all of you for designing and participating in such a great learning opportunity!

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘GPP Discussion Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.